unfair to manhattan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unfair to manhattan

I don't know if any of you are as annoyed as I am with the discriminatory reduced price policies to Manhattan residents as opposed to other neighborhood discounts. Once maybe I could deal with it, but it's gotten to be a recurring theme, for example:
    1) We don't receive ValuPak envelopes anymore (at least in my neightborhood)
    2) McDonald's is priced differently for Manhattan and the coupons are for a lesser discount than other boros -- even tho' you may not even live in a high rental neighborhood.
    3) Michael's sends its coupons online and there's a 40% discount for other boros but only 20% in Manhattan.
    4) Emblem Health has a $0 premium policy -- but not for those who live in Manhattan.
    There may even be more than I'm listing. I realize some businesses have to pay higher rents in Manhattan, but I think we're being taken advantage of and discounts should not be by neighborhood. Either give everybody the same deal or don't give at all.
    My rant for the day!!!!

Re: unfair to manhattan

we do get the val pack in bldg. 7- just not as often. I got it last week and jacks coupons are back. CVS doesnt give us their flyers anymore and i think its also more expensive in manhattan. as we all know a certain supermarket chain store has outrageous prices that penn south cooperators are close to. we might get lucky now that food emporiums are out of business and the one my manhattan plaza and the one at union square will be key foods so prices will be less i think. yes i guess they think if we can afford to live in the city they can raise prices but reality is some of us do live in affordable housing right here.what a shame that i have to schlep to trader joes, or even take the subway to aldi and target.

Comment

Momjo, thanks for letting us know that Bldg. 7 gets the Valpak envelopes. Wonder what they have against Bldg. 5? I think I'll call them and see whattsup with this.

Comment

well they are cutting back but I was surprised i got it for oct.- wonder if it is s zip code difference cause i remember when i used to get in but my friend in bldg 6 did not. we are 10001- are you also that zip=== chelsea is divided by 10011 as well

Comment

I'm also 10001. I did call them today though and the person I spoke to was surprised, but she didn't know why we were dropped. She said she'll check into it since the list doesn't come from her office and it may take as much as six weeks before I hear back. She said the new Valpak should be out around next Wednesday and she took my address and said she'll send me one individually if we're not back on the list. I didn't even realize those envelopes are supposed to come every month. I'll check back with you next week to see if you got the new envelope.

Comment

we used to get it monthly but it was missing a few months- other things to consider is the new hudson market on the corner of tenth avenue is giving discounts to employees of the starrett lehigh building so i mentioned we live in penn south and should be entitled to get a discount as well since we actually live here. my building is an ave away= as it is on the corner of 28th St. i must go in and see if something can be worked out with our management. why not= the people in starrett lehigh an office building probably don;t live in chelsea= let alone nyc in general and since we do we should get it as their prices are high end and food quite good= it is an upscale deli- the mac and cheese is delish and they have nice tables and chairs in the back to eat- obviously they like the lunch crowd

Comment

Working...
            X