Co-Op Apartment Insurance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Co-Op Apartment Insurance

I have my policy (a pretty basic policy for a studio apt) with Allstate and I see that it went up $50 from last year. I pay on time, never had a problem, so I know it's not a fee I'm being assessed. I haven't called them yet to ask why, but I'm just asking if you're satisfied with your rates and whether you see big yearly increases. If so, perhaps it's time to see whether those rates are ever questioned. By the way, I know that initially I was given a rate based on my credit score. So, if your score is good you get a lower insurance fee than someone who has a low credit score. Seems a bit nuts to me. Those who probably have less money pay more????

Re: Co-Op Apartment Insurance

i use that broker the co=op recomended and got set up with met life-i am pretty happy with my policy - honig conte perino is the broker= 200 dollars is my bill- may be less for smaller apt.- seems pretty organized- the broker sent in reminder the same day i got my bill- guess it is going up

Comment

Originally posted by magpie View Post
      I have my policy (a pretty basic policy for a studio apt) with Allstate and I see that it went up $50 from last year. I pay on time, never had a problem, so I know it's not a fee I'm being assessed. I haven't called them yet to ask why, but I'm just asking if you're satisfied with your rates and whether you see big yearly increases. If so, perhaps it's time to see whether those rates are ever questioned. By the way, I know that initially I was given a rate based on my credit score. So, if your score is good you get a lower insurance fee than someone who has a low credit score. Seems a bit nuts to me. Those who probably have less money pay more????
      I used Allstate when I lived in a studio apartment on the East Side eight years ago. I was very pleasantly surprised when I signed up for the Met Life policy that the coop was recommending and found that the premium on my one bedroom here at Penn South was $100 per year less and that is with higher liability coverage. I don't remember exactly what the Met Life increases are, but think they are very nominal, say $10 or so. Hope this helps.

Comment

as we both stated we are both happy with metlife= i would go to that broker and they would give you the best choices. the co-op was right on by that recomendation- they are right in the neighborhood

Comment

Working...
        X