Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High Line as a Trojan Horse for real estate people...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Line as a Trojan Horse for real estate people...

Interesting bits here...
    And seems there is now a "west chelsea gentrification watch"
    Huh.

http://ny.curbed.com/archives/2014/1...ate_people.php

Re: High Line as a Trojan Horse for real estate people...

i saw that- i get curbed and all the other blogs around the city- just yesterday I walked out of my penn south apt. on west 28th st. to find on the end of my block by holy apostles 2 tour busses and one letting people back on the bus- reality around here- thats a good avenue away from the highline

Comment

You've got that right..........The High Line is a narrow walkway for touristas, and there are plenty of them. In fact, it's so crowded that one would be walking a narrow line on the weekends. Take note if the tour bus had their motor on or off while sitting there.

Comment

don;t know as they were going back on the bus an didnt notice other bus on or off. i think off maybe- I was on highline yesterday-seemed like some breathing space- wanted to go to the new ganvansfort market at beginning of higline but the opening day was delayed. this will be a very small indoor market something like chelsea market= too small to make a difference- hoping less tourists in the chelsea market.

Comment

I'll believe that when the London Terrace roach pit is cleaned and kept clean and properly maintained. They've been installing minimally-refurbished refrigerators for the past several months. Looking at the motors and other components that are viewable during installation, one can see that the innards have not even been wiped down, as the outside of the unit has. Also, take a look at the floor in front of the deli section that has been covered by mats for at least the past four years since loose tiles were ripped up and never replaced. Another issue is that when shopping there immediately after they open for the day, supposedly frozen foods have been defrosted over-night.
          kathi

Comment

Working...
          X