uncle sams - burgers and chicken,shakes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncle sams - burgers and chicken,shakes

ok this chain of hambugers,chicken and shakes (out of china) first resturaunt in U.S,isa little out of our chelsea neighborhood and is situated right on 5th ave by the empire state building but because I was there yesterday and liked it a lot I thought I would bring it to the atttention of all of you. a lot of us go down to koreatown and thats pretty much whre is wonderful place is. I had a burger = was made with pat la frieda beef which we know is tops- spicy avocado was the one I choose and I got the vietnamese coffee shake. since it was after 5 the shake was only 3 bucks and I loved it. the burger was good too. they have fresh homemade potato chips that the person I was with had.seems their chicken sandwiches are top knotch according to reviews= choice of grilled and panko crusted. they have salad and rice bowls as well. decent prices and the best kept secret -so give it a try- you will thank me

Re: uncle sams - burgers and chicken,shakes

Momjo, I haven't gone to some of the Korean restaurants on 31st betw. 5th & 6th even though there are a couple of them I'd love to try. I wouldn't know what to order and I don't know if they speak English. Do they? I don't like food that's very spicy (don't want to eat anything that bites me back) and I don't eat meat if I can avoid it, although I will eat chicken. I did go to the one restaurant where you can serve yourself and had their sweet and sour chicken, or maybe it was General Tsaos, whatever they call it, and I liked it. Any good suggestions?????

Comment

magpie this is not korean== its american style burgers with a spin on it= you can get salads , chicken, veggie burgers maybe= mine was spicy but i think they have plain tooi- i can iunderstand not wanting spicy food and not eating meat but i liked this place so much i thought it deserved a mention- you can see menu online

Comment

Momjo, sorry if I wasn't clear. I knew the restaurant you mentioned wasn't Korean, but you said something about people going to "Koreatown" which I assumed you meant the blocks around West 31st Street. There are several lovely looking Korean restaurants in that area but most of the ads show the foods with Korean descriptions so I don't know if I can ask the help for what I want because I'm not sure if they speak English. If you don't know, I guess one day I'll just stop being shy and take the plunge and find out for myself.

Comment

Working...
        X