m thai- not open????????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• m thai- not open????????

was going to take out from m thai tonight but when I got there the gate was on - closed== around 7pm=no sign on the gate- anyone know what is going on there-we love the food and reasonable prices for dinner compared to the other thai places in the area- its on 8th ave. around 21 st- i know there are many thai places in both chelsea and hells kitchen but this place stood out to us although service slow the value was good

Re: m thai- not open????????

update- looks like it is closed for good= momofoku group is moving in it seems= applied for liquor license thru community board 4- anyone know which place will open up if approved- hoping for a david changs chicken place- oy

Comment

M-Thai moved down to just above 20th St, same side on Eighth Ave. into a place formerly occupied by an unsuccessful Japanese restaurant owned by the same company as M-Thai. They said their lease ended in the previous location and they couldn't afford the new lease...and at their great prices, I'm not surprised. So, what will go in the old space? Following the trend in Chelsea, I predict another bank, a cell phone store, Starbucks, Subway - oh but all those already exist within two blocks...
      Buy LOCAL, non-franchise!

Comment

nope did you not see my post above yours??? momofoku group=== will be moving into the old m thai space. they applied for a liquor license thru community board 4.. so something among either momofolu= milk bar, david changs??? could be high end-- a noodle place among his group and a chicken place which has decent average prices. thanks I obviously didnt go past that far as when I saw it closed I assumed for good and did not venture past. when did it open???the prices are good and food excellant

Comment

Well that is good news. I look forward to trying a new restaurant! M-Thai seemed to be open almost immediately after moving - I guess because they already owned the other location and prepped it beforehand. They used to have a sign on the old location redirecting customers, but I imagine the owner removed that
          Buy LOCAL, non-franchise!

Comment

ok i took out yesterday- same menu= didnt even change the address on the takeout menu. It looks very nice in there. the bar area has nice colorful stools with a TV set-

Comment

Working...
            X