ben and jerrys in pennstation-carvel closes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ben and jerrys in pennstation-carvel closes

news for the ice cream fan- as reported in the news magnolia bakery will be where cinnabun and carvel were near k mart and looks like the competition saw the opportunity to open since carvel closed. a ben and jerrys (there was one in macys) now closed- has opened 2 doors from the old carvel in penn station- LI railroad level-I will miss carvel- sometimes you get in the mood for good custard and the nearest carvel is now in queens= queens center mall- how can this be in manhattan not one carvel but there is now dairy queen and mr softee[ not the phony ones are pretty good to me

Re: ben and jerrys in pennstation-carvel closes

It's been a long time since I thought of the Carvel that used to be where the BI Geriatric Medicine Practice is at 24th and Eighth. Nice memories.

Comment

don;t remember that= as I recall there was a korean place-deli or something- when was this. I remember the carvel on 23rd st around 2nd ave. by east midtown plaza. gone too

Comment

My first memories of Carvel were from my Brooklyn days when you could drive up and get one of the most delicious sundaes with all kinds of wonderful toppings. My favorite was marshmallow. And the price was reasonable -- maybe too reasonable because I remember going there very often.

I do remember the Carvel on 24th & 2nd Avenue. I went there very often, too. I think Wednesday was a special -- maybe half price -- or something like that.

Then I saw the Carvel cakes at Gristede's so I would get them there -- until one day when I saw that Gristede's wasn't selling Carvel's anymore and I was crushed. Now I see that Ideal Supermarket carries them.

I do wish that Carvel still had a store where you could buy their sundaes. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with Baskin-Robbins soft serve but nothing is the same anymore

Comment

I often walk past a small Carvel down on John Street, not too far from the South Street Seaport, and apparently there is another one south of there.

Comment

Originally posted by momjo526 View Post
            don;t remember that= as I recall there was a korean place-deli or something- when was this. I remember the carvel on 23rd st around 2nd ave. by east midtown plaza. gone too
            Late-1960's or early 1970's to perhaps the '80's. There was also the Carver Bank on 23rd and Eighth with the digital clock on the over-hang that stopped working about two weeks after the bank first opened.

Comment

yes I remember carver bank but the carvel must have been before I moved here I guess but may be 70s is my guess sinceeven though I didnt live here I had family that did before me and I would visit often and trust me no carvel before 82

Comment

Working...
              X