Can you say Robin Hood in reverse?

I came across this article and thought that it was important enough to share with as many people as would take the time to read it.

Be warned there is some rather ?impassioned? language that adds more than ?color? to the piece. It starts by holding up the Brittany/Nicole fixation but soon gets down to the point of our misplaced priorities.

?But overall, the budget was a non-starter as a news story. As it does every year, it takes a back seat to hot-button issues like gay marriage, the latest election scandal, etc.?

The 2008 elections are a long way off & there is still time for this Administration to do a lot of damage to our country.

Please read this & show it to as many people as you can. It highlights the criminal nature that has permeated the halls of power upon which we all rely for protection against such crimes.

I found it frightening & depressing.

Maybe We Deserve to Be Ripped Off By Bush's Billionaires
By Matt Taibbi, RollingStone.com

Posted on February 20, 2007, Printed on February 22, 2007
http://www.alternet.org/story/48278/

?On the same day that Britney was shaving her head, a guy I know who works in the office of Senator Bernie Sanders sent me an email. He was trying very hard to get news organizations interested in some research his office had done about George Bush's proposed 2008 budget, which was unveiled two weeks ago and received relatively little press, mainly because of the controversy over the Iraq war resolution. All the same, the Bush budget is an amazing document. It would be hard to imagine a document that more clearly articulates the priorities of our current political elite.?

?Sanders's office came up with some interesting numbers here. If the Estate Tax were to be repealed completely, the estimated savings to just one family -- the Walton family, the heirs to the Wal-Mart fortune -- would be about $32.7 billion dollars over the next ten years. The proposed reductions to Medicaid over the same time frame? $28 billion.?

The article then goes on to show a number of acts of avarice that made me wonder if there is anything called shame left in this country.
Please read it & then write your congressman & Senators.

CD

http://www.alternet.org/module/printversion/48278