The Disney Mickey Mouse Monstrosity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Disney Mickey Mouse Monstrosity

Oooops! There you go again. Quoting from LEFT-WING sources. 14and9 - let me ask you something. What's it like to never have to confront new ideas? Do you really like living in an insular bubble where you're completely sheilded from any opposing viewpoints?

You really should get out more - intellectually speaking.

CD DEMANDS proof of me everytime I open my mouth. Yet you're able to quote statements of opinion like this:

"the heavily fictionalized and politically distorted docudrama"

And no one here demands any proof! A bit hypocritical wouldn't you guys say?

Comment

Originally posted by LongTime Resident
      Vbad...

Thank you for the credit, believe it or not, I appreciate it.

Did I say that? I remember saying I was not Christian, however, I don't remember saying I don't have any religious beliefs.
      LTR - you're welcome. I actually meant it as a compliment. A very sincere compliment actually. And I think you took it that way. So that's good. I'm sorry if I mis-characterized your beliefs. I thought from what I had read here that you didn't care much for politicians who were religious and such as that. I think your fuller description of your beliefs kind of confirms my impression. I knew you had said you were Jewish somewhere so I knew you weren't a Christian. And I think it's fair to say from what you've said about your Judaism that you'd probably consider yourself mostly a secular Jew? I mean from what you've said I don't think you're the kind of Jew who takes the scriptures literally or for that matter even all that seriously. Would that be about right?

Comment

I knew you had said you were Jewish somewhere so I knew you weren't a Christian.
        Actually, Vbad, it was in a post from months ago in a conversation with Tarmill. Funny you should remember that minor comment in a blog I don't remember you participating in. At least, not as "Vbad".

And I think it's fair to say from what you've said about your Judaism that you'd probably consider yourself mostly a secular Jew? I mean from what you've said I don't think you're the kind of Jew who takes the scriptures literally or for that matter even all that seriously. Would that be about right?

Again, you strive to put a label on me and catagorize me. I reject that premise as I stated quite clearly. Please do not re-interpret what I said.

I thought from what I had read here that you didn't care much for politicians who were religious and such as that. I think your fuller description of your beliefs kind of confirms my impression
        Clear proof that you have a problem comprehending the written word. I said I do not care about a politicians religious beliefs. They are personal and should be kept that way. The fuller description of my beliefs said I respect other's rights to believe what they want. Earlier, I said matters of state and matters of religion are to be separate and should stay they way.

takes the scriptures literally or for that matter even all that seriously
        If taking the scriptures literally means believing the Universe was actually created in a week around 6000 years ago and not over billions of years as science as shown, you're right. I don't.

Unlike the Christian faith which is based on believing Jesus as the savior and "God" in the flesh, being a Jew is not based on belief in "G-d". I have known many Jews who do not believe in G-d yet are still practicing Jews. After the Holocaust, a lot of Jewish people lost their faith in him but they did not abandon their religion or heritage. They would be highly put-off at any suggestion they are not religious. This idea may be foreign to you, however it represents another viewpoint. One that differs from Christianity.

P.S. Let's not continue to belabor this. My personal beliefs are not the subject of this thread.

Comment

One thing I agree with Clinton on is the 9/11 Commission report WAS a political document. Very political. I dn't understand why everone now considers it absolute truth. It's not.

However, Clinton is a little too defensive. He didn't do everything he could have - nor did Bush. But to pretend there's some equivalence between his 8 years in office and Bush's 8 months is quite disingenuous.

Wallace hits the nail on the head with this question though:

"Wallace: The 9/11 commission, which you talk about -- and this is what they did say, not what ABC pretended they said ...

Wallace: They said, about you and President Bush, and I quote, "The U.S. government took the threat seriously, but not in the sense of mustering anything like the kind of effort that would be gathered to confront an enemy of the first, second or even third rank.""

That is the bottom line. 9/11 really did change everythign. Before 9/11 there was no way ANY president could have done enough about terrorism. There was no way the U.S. government would have mounted the kind of effort necessary to confront Islamic terror BEFORE 9/11. 9/11 was the catalyst. It was the event that was so awful, so dramatic that it was enough to shake the American government out of its lethargy and into real action.

So while it's true to say that Clinton didn't do enough and that Bush didn't do enough - in all fairness to both men no one who was president before 9/11 did enough or could have done enough - because there simply was no catalyst to shake the American governement enough to get it off its a** to do what needed to be done.

So I'm curious if anyone on the other side of this debate can just be honest enough to say "Clinton could have done more" as I've said Bush could have done more. Are there any honest people left on your side?

Comment

I'm curious if anyone on your side of this debate can just be honest enough to say "Clinton did SOMETHING"

Comment

Originally posted by 14and9
              I'm curious if anyone on your side of this debate can just be honest enough to say "Clinton did SOMETHING"
              I have said that.

Comment

How Can You Tell Rice Is Lying?

Comment

Condoleezza Rice described her briefing with CIA officials George Tenet and Cofer Black on July 10, 2001 as relatively unremarkable. But intel officials said it was about an urgent threat on the highest scale of 10. Rice also considered the August 6 President?s Daily Brief, entitled ?Bin Laden Determined to Strike US,? an historical document.

Comment

Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V. Good job. You're getting really good at this computer thingy!

Comment

everything anyone in the bu**** adminisitration is being proved a lie. vbad's response? "blah, blah, blah."

now THAT'S original thinking.

Comment

14and9 in response to your last comment, how would explain the Bush administration's claim that they have NOT found WMD in Iraq?

Comment

Hello,

I have seen the movie and i liked it very much.I can still remember that i have see that movie when i was small.
                          frauenmantel

Comment

You may like "Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs", too. Doesn't make it true. "The Path to 9/11" is as much a fantasy tale as "Snow White", unless you're talking about something else, and it sounds like you are.

Comment

Working...
                            X