Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My thoughts about Obama, Dem Party, & issues of our nation

Dear Mr. President:

While it is clear at this point that your administration is out of step with vast majority of the American people and the Executive branch is out of control, it does not mean that your remaining three years need to be a failure.

With regard to your out of control administration, you must fire public relations people like David Axelrod and Valarie Jarrett and replace them with REAL MANAGERS. I suggest you look to private industry and commerce rather than academia and the political world. I'm sure he is busy and would not take the job but a man like Jack Welch would be a good choice. Forget your image. Get control and ACCOMPLISH something and you will be remembered well. While I have no interest in racial politics (I'm more a "content of their character" kind of person), it would be profoundly naive to think your place in history will not revolve significantly around the fact that you were the first American president of partial African descent. You owe it to your ancestors and the forces that put you in this office to clean up your mess before you retire in 2012. You have intelligence, charisma, tenacity and rhetorical skills. There is no shame in the fact that you have no management skills whatsoever. The only shame would be to not hire good managers to help you.

Among the people you hire must be a "Counsel for The Constitution". Our defining document is in big trouble and if that goes, so do we all. You need someone at your right hand to tell you what The Constitution allows you to do and what it does not allow you to do. Demand that every piece of legislation Congress hands you to sign contain an explanation of where in The Constitution it is authorized.

On the point of being out of step and out of touch with the American people, you need to stop saying "Listen up" and start saying "I'm listening".

Drop massive healthcare reform after it is voted down. Yes, there are problems and they can only be solved broken piece by broken piece. Free markets are the solution to most of the problems. Get government out of the way and allow the American people to do what they have always done, innovate and problem solve. The way to provide healthcare to the truly unfortunate is through Medicaid, which, as we all know, is a mess. Work with the states to fix that.

On the economy, once again, the answer is to get out of the way of the most resourceful people in the history of civilization. Let US solve the problem. For the cost of TARP and the bailouts, we could have eliminated personal and business income taxes for a year. That might be a bit much but a significant, dramatic and immediate drop in income taxes would fix the economy almost immediately. Unemployment would almost disappear and innovation would soar.

On foreign policy, know who your friends are, like Israel, the UK and Australia, and know who your enemies are, like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Yemen. For those on the fence, let it be known that if one chooses to be a friend of the United States, they will never know a better friend and if they choose to be an enemy of the United States, they will never know a worse nightmare.

Get the heck out of Iraq and Afghanistan. You want to build roads and hospitals, build them here. Just let all countries and groups know that if they harm the United States or our citizens, PLAN to harm the United States or our citizens or THINK about harming the United States or our citizens, they will be destroyed mercilessly. We have a whole bunch of big planes with big bombs sitting on big boats that can go anywhere we want them too. Remind them the Cold War was won without a shot being fired and World War II was won with massive force. We prefer the first but are not afraid of the second. Your job is to protect and defend the United States of America, not to be "President of the World" or build nations elsewhere. Let the world know, if people rise up against totalitarian governments, we will help if we can. And if they happen to be on top of land with great resources, we expect the friendship to be reciprocated.

Work with Israel to take out Iran's nukes. It will not be easy and probably can only be successful if we work together on it. At the same time, send a small group of commandos to put a bullet in Ahmadinijad's head. The nations in Kim Jung Il's neighborhood will be inspired and do the same with him.

We can no longer depend upon, be beholden to, and enrich the worst people on earth for our energy needs. We have enough coal, natural gas, shale oil and good old fashioned crude to last several generations. And if digging a hole somewhere to get at it upsets the menstrual cycle of some rare breed of turtle, we can live with it. Get out of the way and allow large energy companies to build nuclear reactors again. We buy uranium from Australia or oil from Iran and Venezuela. Which do you think makes more sense? Energy independence projects alone (private industry) will cut the unemployment rate by a third.

Cordially,

Concerned U.S. Citizen

Re: My thoughts about Obama, Dem Party, & issues of our nati

I do not think this is the proper place for your concerns. There are many other sites to show your feelings on Obama. This is the wrong place in my democratic opinion. This site is for Chelsea concerns and I feel it should be left that way. Lets leave politics out. Am I right here?

Comment

.....it was posted in "controversial" which is exactly where it belongs.

Comment

Just curious JoJe -- is that letter something you want this board to comment on, or did you actually send that letter -- or just contemplating sending the letter?

Comment

Originally posted by magpie View Post
          Just curious JoJe -- is that letter something you want this board to comment on, or did you actually send that letter -- or just contemplating sending the letter?
          I sent these COMMENTS (in the format of a letter to the President) to the Democratic National Committee.along with the rest of the survey that I filled out. This was the survey that was sent to all Registered Democrats.

Yes, I never bothered to remove myself from the status of Registered Democrat after seeing the light. I just never found it important to do so.

In actuality, I don't consider myself a Democrat or a Republican. I am a social liberal and an economic and defense conservative. I believe (as did the Founding Fathers) in an EXTREMELY LIMITED government. I am hard pressed to think of anything beyond the police, the courts and the military that the government can do better than we can do for ourselves.

To answer your question, I'm really not interested in an exchange on the subject. I just thought I would share my views with CYB.

Comment

Interesting letter. I don't agree with all of it but that's not important. It was well-written and short on vitriol. I hope (but am not naiive to believe) that Obama will see it.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJe View Post
              To answer your question, I'm really not interested in an exchange on the subject. I just thought I would share my views with CYB.
              That says a lot about your sense of community. I'm glad I read it before wasting my time to wade through your self centered missive.

By the way, please don't bother responding to this comment as I really don't care what you have to say but you should read mine.

Now that's what I call sharing.

CD
              Last edited by seedyonenyc; 03-26-2010, 03:22 AM. Reason: Grammar
              Need computer assistance?
              See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJe View Post
                Drop massive healthcare reform after it is voted down. Yes, there are problems and they can only be solved broken piece by broken piece. Free markets are the solution to most of the problems. Get government out of the way and allow the American people to do what they have always done, innovate and problem solve. The way to provide healthcare to the truly unfortunate is through Medicaid, which, as we all know, is a mess. Work with the states to fix that.

Cordially,

Concerned U.S. Citizen
                Really great idea to use something that you call "a mess" to "provide healthcare to the truly unfortunate".

I guess this story about how a private insurance company deals with it's clients by denying newborn baby coverage claiming his congenital heart defect is a preexisting condition proves your point about "free markets".

http://cbs11tv.com/local/Baby.denied.coverage.2.1587978.html

IMHO insurance companies have proven when profit is part of the formula for providing health care, regulations, keeping the focus on the HEALTH part of that formula, are imperative.

Just thought I'd share this with you,

CD
                Need computer assistance?
                See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Comment

JoJe: Your side lost. Better luck next time.

Comment

Momjo, this is absolutely the right place for her to post this. You believe in free speech don't you! Why are you trying to restrain her right to free speech by limiting the number of places you think she should be allowed to speak out from? And she did, as she noted, put it in the Controversial section!

As far as appointing a Constitutional Counsel. I like that idea. However, he has already let it be known he doesn't agree with the Constitution. He complained that it was a "negative" document in that it said what government can't do, but not a positive document saying what government can do.

That shows such a fundamental misunderstanding of what it is about that I don't think there's much hope of him figuring it out. Of course it's a document restraining government. Because the founding fathers understood that without those restraints government would be out of control. Much like it was under Bush with the bailouts and then continuing under Obama with the even more massive (and as of now, failed) stimulus package.

Comment

The stimulus did not fail. A massive nationwide economic collapse was averted. The reason it wasn't a bigger success was the non-functioning tax-cuts the GOP rammed into it and their stonewalling everything else they could to ensure it's, and our country's, failure.

http://tinyurl.com/2fqtgqv

Comment

Deficits

What I have a hard time understanding vis-a-vis the stimulus, is how many on the left thought deficits under Bush were horrible, but under Obama, they're not that big a deal.

Comment

Sorry but as long as unemployment is going UP and not down, I don't see that as a success. And I'm sure if a Republican were president you wouldn't either. Obama said that we must pass the stimulus back a year and a half ago, and he said if we didn't then unemployment would go past 8%. He said if we did pass the stimulus it would stay below 8%. Well, it's 9.6% right now - if you just count the people who are still looking for a job. It's 17% if you count all the people who are actually out of work who have given up looking for the time being. I just don't see how under any measure that could be called a success. We spent a trillion dollars and unemployment goes UP!? Sorry, we were told the trillion dollars would make it go down.

Comment

Oh and by the way, I really have to wonder what all this money was spent on. I was in Arizona a few weeks ago. Went out into the desert near Scottsdale. And way out in the middle of nowhere - literally - they were building this small library, right nowhere land in the desert. So far away from any population center. They had a sign out front that said your stimulus dollars helped pay for this. I have to say - from an economic standpoint that library all by itself in the middle of the desert is not going to do a darn thing to stimulate the economy! What other wasteful projects was this money spent on?

And I have to second AEG's question... the deficit is triple now what it was under Bush. And I don't hear anybody screaming about it anymore. But it's all people could talk about when Bush was still in office.

Oh and 14and9, I can't believe you played the "let's blame the Republicans" card! You said the Republicans have prevented the stimulus from working by stonewalling. PLEASE! Democrats had a 60-40 majority in the senate at the time and they had an 80-seat margin in the House! There is NOTHING the Republicans could have done to stop anything the Democrats wanted.

Oh and by the way, the hostages are still being held at the Gitmo concentration camp! I don't think Republicans have done anything to stop that from being closed down. How come it's still open?

Comment

I don't understand politics, and really don't claim to be politically sharp, but I have to wonder if there's any difference anymore between the two parties. It's always been the rich get richer and the poor get poorer -- and it seems like it's more obvious in today's world where the divide has gotten even larger and discontent and violence more prevalent.

Many years ago (gosh, it was reeeeeely many years ago) during the Johnson Administration we were working on programs to help the disadvantaged, the poor, etc. Those were my young years and it gave me a distinct impression of what the Democratic party was all about. Maybe a lot of money was spent, but it was spent on helping the less fortunate.

Then came the Reagan Administration and it was the end of a union, the end of SROs, a lot of homeless sleeping on the streets, rents were going up, real estate was a boom, the price of everything went sky high -- and people said Reagan was a great President (something I will never understand, no matter how that's defended). Anyway, it gave me a distinct impression of the Republican party -- don't spend money unless it makes the rich richer.

Then I learned about lobbyists -- something I knew little about in my very young days. There's a lot of money behind those lobbyists (and the whole medical and insurance industries, I might add). Both Democrats and Republicans as far as I know use those lobbyists --

So, in conclusion to my very simplistic view of politics -- I see less and less difference between the parties and it seems to be getting worse because as I'm getting older I see choices who don't have the character or the moral strength to offer what this country needs today.

You mention unemployment -- well, technology has displaced a lot of people and outsourcing has displaced our people to the point that citizens should be screaming about it -- but while industry makes money on the backs of countries where labor is cheaper and we let them make a buck while so many of our people are in foreclosure -- it's neither Democrat or Republican -- both are to blame.

So there -- I've had my breakfast, I've had my say, I got a lot off my mind, and now I'm free to face the world today and hope that sanity prevails and we don't all wind up on bread lines and soup kitchens.

Comment

Working...
                              X