RCN: bad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCN: bad

my building was offering this, and not once, not in 5 different conversations, did anyone ever tell me it was a special. So one year later, I did get some kind of warning, so I closed it down to the minimum I could get.

Now, I find out you can't even use your credit card to pay your bill. WTF is that?! Everything else you can. Let me amend: sure you can use your credit card but there's like a $3.50 fee. BS.

I'm going to look into DirecTV. I think that's a mess also, but I'm not liking this RCN.

Re: RCN: bad

I'm not sure, but are you NOT a Penn South resident? If you are, then I don't know why you couldn't just pay at their office on 28th Street near 9th Avenue. I usually just pay by check there -- although they do accept cash and since they give a receipt it's better than using a credit card for me.

As to Direct TV, unless you have a terrace it may not be a viable alternative since you have to attach the satellite dish to an outside source, and Penn South won't allow having it on a wall. You can double check me on this, but that's what I was told by a DirectTV sales person.

By the way, have you called RCN to ask if they'd put you on another promotion? Sometimes they have promotions that you're not even aware of, and when you say you're thinking of switching they might give you some consideration. I don't think any other company out there is any better, in fact sometimes worse, and at least RCN is conveniently located.

Comment

I live in a building on 23rd between 10th and 11th. I wonder if I could pay in your building --? (When I asked the RCN woman on the phone, she was going to send me to Long Island to pay.)

I'm pretty sure my building is set up to get DirecTV. In fact I think I had it a couple years ago, but I was on some kind of minimum plan, not the full on one with the cable box.

I have tried twice in the past couple weeks to get some kind of deal, and the best I could get was some kind of 2 year thing, and that wasn't even as good as DirecTV's one-year deal.but I will call back again, I use those words: put me back on [some kind of] a promotion. -- and toss on the threat of leaving!

Thanks for your suggestions!

Comment

I live in a building on 23rd between 10th and 11th. I wonder if I could pay in your building --? (When I asked the RCN woman on the phone, she was going to send me to Long Island to pay.)
        I don't see why you couldn't pay at the 28th Street office. I don't think they're limited to Penn South. I think they're only there though from Tuesday through Thursday 9-5.

Comment

I think I'll do that, tomorrow. I'll go to 28th and 9th (East side) and look around and see if I see an office. It still sounds like they don't accept credit cards. My credit card is pretty much my budget, and it's in one handy place.

Comment

I think the address is 365 West 28th Street. It's right on the street level in a Penn South building on the northeast side of West 28th and you should see a small sign on the front door.

Comment

I had no idea that bills could be paid in the RCN Penn South office. I thought that it was only a sales office. I'm glad that this thread was started and this information became available to me. Does anyone know if they also provide other services? My remote control had to be replaced a few months ago and I had to trek over to the office on 3rd Avenue in the 40's to exchange it.

Comment

I dont have RCN anymore but used to go pay the bill at their office next to home depot in that office building. Dont know if they r still there

Comment

Originally posted by momjo View Post
                  I dont have RCN anymore but used to go pay the bill at their office next to home depot in that office building. Dont know if they r still there
                  No. They are no longer there. That's why I had to go to 3rd Avenue.

Comment

oh well---- nowthat we have fios everyhing is on one bill- cell, tv, computer, regular phone- life is so simple now-- no more running over to pay the bill. I would go over there to save a stamp rather than pay online since I am not so computer savy its easier to make a check out but even easier when I would go over and just pay cash LOL

Comment

I shuffled over there, to 28 the 9th, even before your (magpie) more specific directions, and I could see the RCN door from that corner. They were really nice -- much nicer than the (Indian -- taking my call from India?!) customer service woman on the phone. And yes, they will take my credit card, and I understood there would be no ($3 or so) charge.
                      So thank you!

I may see tomorrow if I can talk them into a good (better than what they (don't) offer on the phone!) deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 10/11block View Post

Now, I find out you can't even use your credit card to pay your bill. WTF is that?! Everything else you can. Let me amend: sure you can use your credit card but there's like a $3.50 fee. BS.
                        I pay my RCN bill with "Autopay with Credit Card" and there is no fee for the service. You can check yourself to confirm: 877-726-2455.

Comment

what's wrong with using a good old fashioned check? I used to go over to RCN when it was on 23rd street and just pay cash. They now are on penn south grounds bldg ten. Guess checking accounts are becomming obsolete

Comment

You can still pay cash at the RCN Penn South office, but the sign says you have to have the exact amount.

Comment

Working...
                            X