Barbecue feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbecue feedback

I went to RUB (Urban barbecue place between 7th & 8th) some months ago, so they could prove how great their barbecue was since I had to pay more for it. And I thought Dallas BBQ was better.
    fyi

Re: Barbecue feedback

Well certainly thats your opinion as rubb is a dry barbeque place as compared to BBQ is not. BBQ is a chain and rubb is not. I think it depends on what you get and its like comparing apples to oranges. I can't stand BBQ's chicken and really enjoy Rubb's. Their side dishes like the pork and beans and potato salad are also outstanding. On the other hand BBQ has good chicken soup. I find the quality of rubb's food excellant and the prices arent so terrible if you get a quarter chicken to go it isnt much and I really enjoy it. BBQ gets really crowded sometimes and rubb can too be a stretch on a busy night it can be noisy a well. Anyone try Blue smokle? Someone I work with works there also and brings food back to eat during his work break instead of eating it after his shift ends and it looks good.

Comment

There's a Jimmy's Place too, on... kitty corner from the post office at 31st and 8th. Has anyone eaten there?
      K.

Comment

I took out once but didnt find it anything special. The sides were better at rubb. They also have a new fast food right next door which started with only burgers but has now expanded to fried chicken. I might give it a try again. I had tried the burgers awhile ago and thought them to be greasy as they were on a fry pan I think. I am interested in the chicken which was just ok for me st the restaurant so I am willing to give it a try. It is part of Jimmys BBQ

Comment

Re: Barbecue feedback: Dallas

Went to take out a whole chicken the other night at Dallas BBQ.It comes with 2 small containers of "barbecue sauce", which tastes pretty much like ketchup to me. It was also really salty, I was drinking water all night long.

Comment

Working...
          X