Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New Yankee and Shea Stadiums (Shameful!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The New Yankee and Shea Stadiums (Shameful!)

What do NYers think about the tearing down and re-building of Yankee and Shea Stadiums in this economy?

Maybe it's created a few jobs, but the other day as I drove by on the Cross Bronx Expressway, I was horrified to see that they've put up basically just a replica of the old Yankee Stadium right next to it, just a tad larger - what's the point?
    Was this really necessary?
    Last night I saw on the news that they've begun taking Shea apart. What about keeping it for "historic" value?

Was they really soooo old, decrepit and falling apart (in dire need of being replaced, why not just repairs?), or just a case of the baseball fans saying theirs is bigger than the other's?

I can't believe that we've wasted so much time, energy and money on these projects – especially when it’s going on 10yrs that WTC crumbled.

A major league baseball waste.

Re: The New Yankee and Shea Stadiums (Shameful!)

What gets me are all the tax breaks they're getting and NYC with its deficit is going to have to cut services. Sorry but firemen, cops and teachers are more important than a dam stadium with million dollar players

Comment

Re: The New Yankee and Shea Stadiums (Shameful!)

I will say that the little people will not be ableto afford the new stadium. Those 7 tickets specials my husband enjoyed at Shea is history as this new stadium isnt for the poor guy who just wants to see a few games.. The only way to afford the place is getting free tickets through work but thats becomming rare also in this economy. 2 companies the hubby worked for had season tickets- oh those were the days

Comment

Working...
      X