Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Caroline Kennedy for Senator?

Senator Caroline Kennedy- YES 100%
    NY needs a freshman Senator who will have lots of press coverage and gain political clout immediately. She has a direct line to the President when needed.
    She doesn't "owe" any lobby groups anything.
    She will be able to raise money and be relected.

Sure some of the other names floating around might have more political experience but they will be just a junior Senator who fades into Washington. What do they offer the people of NY? More of the same................

Comment

Glad to see she dropped out of the race. No one needs an incompetent senator no matter how well she's known. I still don't know why some of you think she would have made such a great senator. Bob, I agree she would have gained lots of press coverage, but don't you see it would have been all the wrong kind!?

Comment

I still believe Kennedy would have been able to bring many more Federal Dollars to NY State (we desperately need our fair share), from Washington having her connections and Obama's ear.
        We now have a Senator most people never heard of except the NRA.

Comment

The governor may as well have just asked Palin - 'member huh?

Comment

The governor may as well have just asked Palin - 'member huh?

Unfair. I wouldn't have chosen her, but Kirsten Gilibrand graduated with a BS in Asian studies from Dartmouth magna cum laude and graduated UCLA Law School. She's young but has had an accomplished career. But she's not from downstate, so we don't know it or care.

Comment

Anyone who thinks it's a person's right to own a gun is not okay in my book.

Comment

Anyone who thinks it's a person's right to own a gun is not okay in my book.

That doesn't make her a Sarah Palin.

Comment

Hunting accidents are on the rise.

Comment

Paterson was a major player in this fiasco and he probably lost my vote for Gov. next year.
                    What was he thinking dragging this selection process through the mud and being so antagonisitc to the press, the candidates and the voters.

Comment

Vidis, I hate to break it to you, but Constitutionally speaking we ALL have the right to own guns. It's in the Constitution.

I have to say one thing that really impressed me with Paterson was the introduction he gave to the new senator whatever-her-name-is. He gave a lengthy introduction detailing all her accomplishments and achievements. Then suddenly I remembered he's blind - and he wasn't reading that from a teleprompter or notes! That was pretty impressive if you ask me.

Comment

She also lacked experience talking with the media since she has lead a sheltered life as an adult. Actually Hilary didnt have any experience either and when she ran I thought to myself you have got to be kidding. She was not even a new yorker really. I personally don't think Paterson made the right decision here. She may be a democratic but barely in my opinion. It's really not about where she comes from. The gun issue is really turning me off big time to Paterson's choice

Comment

Yes he has to memorize every speech, which included his state of state address he gave recently. He doesn't even read Braille.
                          I thought his introduction to Gillibrand, sounded more like an apology.

Comment

Originally posted by tarmill View Post
                            Vidis, I hate to break it to you, but Constitutionally speaking we ALL have the right to own guns. It's in the Constitution.
                            I didn't mean as in the legal right as defined in the Constitution, I was referring to people in general who believe in this right - I don't like to support.

Comment

I thank her kindly or withdrawing....

Comment

Originally posted by Vidis View Post
                                I didn't mean as in the legal right as defined in the Constitution, I was referring to people in general who believe in this right - I don't like to support.
                                well, you said "Anyone who thinks it's a person's right to own a gun is not okay in my book." I'm just pointing out that you don't have to be a kook to to "think" it's a person's right to own a gun. Because it is a right.

And in fact, crime statistics show that areas where gun ownership is not only allowed, but encouraged are safer and have lower crime rates than areas where there are strict regulations on guns - like Washington DC with one of the highest crime rates in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X