Pull-out sofa troubles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pull-out sofa troubles

I tried to put the bed back into my pull-out sofa and it won't budge. We've used it maybe two times a month for the past five years and it's never acted like this. The last people who slept on it are telling me they didn't hear any buckling or popping when they were on it so we have no idea where to even start. I need this folded back into the couch ASAP as I am moving and need all of the floor space I can get.

Can anyone help or recommend a company that'll fix this for us?

Thanks!
    Kellie

Re: Pull-out sofa troubles

Hi Kell:

Listen. I've had the same issue with my guest bed. Sometimes, they do buckle or the rod that slides into the sofa becomes misaligned for some reason. What I would suggest, is to go to your local hardware store, and ask if there is a handyman available. Sometimes, they can recommend someone for "cheap." Also, check behind the head of the actual bed mechanism and make sure there is nothing stuck where it slides in at the hinge. Like I said sometimes they can become misaligned. Oh...also try lifting the mattress tray and when it's elevated, try slipping it down diagonally and in. That worked for me once because of the apparent misalignment.

Good luck!

"CC"

Comment

I called Artie's Hardware and they sent me to a local handy man who came over and fixed it in 5 minutes. He was great, very nice. His name was Jay and his cell is 646-623-1217 if anyone needs a handyman.

Comment

That's great Kellie. Glad your problem was alleviated so quickly. Thanks for the number. I'm going to keep it handy. No pun intended of course.

Cheers!

"CC"

Comment

Yeah, thanks for your advice CC!

Comment

Working...
          X