anybody drive from Costco?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody drive from Costco?

I'm finding that my arms are getting worse as far as carrying groceries, and I also have a Costco card.

Does anybody drive from either Costco -- Brooklyn or East Harlem -- to (ideally West) Chelsea? I'm fairly flexible on the time.

I could share gas!

(OR: if somebody wants to split the delivery fee from either Trader Joe's or Whole Foods, because I don't buy enough to warrant paying the 6 or $7 a shot.)

Thanks

Re: anybody drive from Costco?

it is no wonder the local supermarkets are losing money and cutting employee hours. everyone is heading elsewhere. NSA and trader Joes has also cut into local business among penn south residents. Is Cotsco union? A bet not/ looks to me like whole foods is always crowded- do we really need a big box store in the area.

Comment

whole foods is always crowded

Are you kidding? Whole Foods has taken a huge hit since Trader Joe's opened. They don't even have half the number of cashiers opened that they used to have. But who cares? Who wants to buy their overpriced stuff if you can walk a couple of blocks and get it cheaper? I'm so glad we have more options in the neighborhood. I usually go out of the city to do my shopping, but sometimes I just want to walk somewhere and get what I need. I'll go to NSA before I'll ever step foot into Gristedes.

Comment

that's fine and good but don't you know there are a few employees who live here in the co=op that actually work in that overpriced store and as you do shop elsewhere because they get no employee discount and they won't give the senior discount either. But do try to remember the employees that got their hours cut because sales are so slow right now

Comment

that's fine and good but don't you know there are a few employees who live here in the co=op that actually work in that overpriced store

You mean, like yourself, right?

NSA is part of this community too. I want them to survive, or else, the people that live here will have less choices.

Comment

don't know who you are but some people around here need to pay that penn south rent so by people not shopping at that overpriced store just remember the landlord is penn south (mutual)- so at least the money goes back into the co-op--theyare union- maybe not the best union but NSA is not union- which means no jobsecurity for their employees, the post office is their landlord- and yes I may work there- so what- I shop everywhere regardless. fish always at wholefoods. By theway never been to cotsco- don't drive LOL

Comment

Um, evidently nobody is driving from Costco Brooklyn.--?

Comment

Working...
              X