Computer maintainence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer maintainence

Has your relationship with your computer gone sour?
    Are you not getting along? Do you experience periodic breakdowns in communication? Sluggish responses? Is your hard drive acting distracted lately? Taking to long to get started?

Are you getting the 2 Year itch? Think it?s time for a change?

Well if the two of you are not getting along like you used too, I can help. I am a self-appointed computer relationship counselor.

If you would like to discuss what your computer problems might be?and yes, rest assured we all have had them at some time or another?or even if you think you may have a problem, contact me.

We will discuss exactly what it is that you expect from your computer, how it is letting you down and how to get things back on track. I have never lost a patient.

Too many distracting pop-ups? Unwanted icons on your desktop? These can be dealt with easily.

Never been able to do what you thought you could with your computer? Tried to add a new piece of equipment & not been able to get it to work? Machine keeps crashing when you try to do something? I can help.

I can cleanup your files, set you up with security to prevent a recurrence & either give you instructions on how to maintain it or do it for you.

If parts need replacing or upgrading, I?m the guy. Thinking about upgrading your Internet connection? I will save you money.

I have references & I am not expensive & if you really have to replace your computer I will tell you.

Let's get you back to happy.

CD
    Need computer assistance?
    See my Classified/Computer maintenance listing or send me a private message.

Re: Computer maintainence

Hey Seedy, been enjoying your posts.

We have an old PC that failed so many times, we decided to try to re-install Windows XP, only to find that we don't have the serial code to get past the installation screen.

We ended up getting a new computer, but now we have no idea what to do with this one. We can't erase the hard drive (I don't know how to get into DOS now that it's Windows-based) and can't get into the system to erase our sensitive information. What do you suggest?

Comment

A few questions:

Desktop or laptop?

What were you going to use to re-install XP?

Is the machine operable at all with the old OS?

If you can get online with the machine go to:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/AIDA32/1033800563/1

Download & run this free program. It is a system diagnostic program. Once it opens look in the Software folder under licenses. Hopefully you will see the Product key for the XP that was issued with that machine.

I'm pretty sure that this is matched to the source. In other words if you are using an installation disc from another machine or a purchased version, it may not work. The disc/source knows exactly what key will make it work. There are 'key busters' out there, which in my eyes are usless because they still will not permit security updates & without these monthly patches you run the risk of having to do this all over again.

Let me know if this works for you. If not we can arrange a phone call, off board & I can get more info to take care of this.
      Please forgive me if I over simplify, but until I can establish your level of expertise....

CD

Comment

It's a desktop computer.

I had a Windows XP disk I used (with no serial number on it - duh, I should have known).

The machine is not operable right now. It's suck in the "type in serial number" stage.

Thus, I cannot go online with it. . .

Comment

Fitzbergjk;

I have sent you a private message with contact information in order to save time.

Hope to hear from you.

CD

Comment

Hey Seedy... why don't you put a little blurb about your computer services in your signature so people can see it wherever you post a message. Then more people like Fitzbergjk who need help will be able to find you. Actually, I had a new member email me the other day saying she really would like someone who could sit down with her and help her learn how to use her computer. I completely forgot about you... but I'm sure if she saw that in your signature she would contact you directly.

Cheers!

Comment

Thanks.
              I'll make the adjustment.

CD

Comment

Working...
              X