The Lunch Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lunch Club

As clickyourblock.com is about community, I thought I would post about another organization that endeavors to build community, The Lunch Club. Their web site is here http://thelunchclub.com.

Full disclosure: I am a friend of the person who runs this club and I have helped on events but I take no compensation in doing so. It _is_ a for profit venture; it's how the organizer puts food on his table.

Re: The Lunch Club

So, have you ever been to one of these lunch club lunches? They sound like they could be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by tarmill
      So, have you ever been to one of these lunch club lunches? They sound like they could be fun.
      Been to many of them. in addition to lunches, they have other events, e.g., holiday parties, tours of the galleries in chelsea, tour of the Brooklyn Brewery (more beer than tour) etc. They also do scavenger hunts, which seem to be very "in" now.

Comment

Is "The Lunch Club" an organization of people who are mostly in their 20s and 30s? Or is there a wider range? The quotes and some of the media coverage give the impression that it is a group for youngish New Yorkers.

Comment

Originally posted by Arsinoe View Post
          Is "The Lunch Club" an organization of people who are mostly in their 20s and 30s?
          The great majority are 20s and 30s but the group is beginning to age. I am 43 and I still go, but I am towards the top of the spectrum. There are folks older than myself. If you decide to go, you should definitely be comfortable with a younger crowd, but not disappointed if you see some folks in their 40s and 50s. I don't know how old the oldest are but I would ballpark it at 55.

Comment

Sounds like a blast AEG! I just bookmarked the website. I think I'm going to check it out myself. I'm a little closer to your age, but I think it could be a whole lot of fun.

Maybe I'll see you there sometime...

"CC"

Comment

Originally posted by chelseachick69 View Post
              I think I'm going to check it out myself.
              This weekend is a visit to the Met and then hitting a local bar. Most events are at "no additional cost" (I don't like saying "free"), if you are a monthly member. Monthly memberships are $20/month and you can cancel at anytime. I hope I don't sound like a TV ad.

I think to a large extent it's also how "old you think you are". If want to talk about denture replacements, well yes, that won't be the usual fare. If you are talking about the latest restaurant/theatre/political situation/city government in NY....well those topics are timeless.

Comment

Dentures, not my topic (I'm thankful to say). But, I definitely think it sounds like fun. As soon as I repair from my (friggin') knee injury (can you tell I've had enough?), I'm going to check it out further.

Thanks again AEG.

"CC"

Comment

Working...
                X